Présentation de l'éditeur
This A-Z map of London Walks is an ideal guide with which to explore Central London. It is a full colour, double-sided, foldout, pocket or handbag sized tourist publication which includes the cycle hire docking stations.
Side one features:
- A large scale coloured street map of central London extending to London Zoo in Regent's Park, St. Pancras International Station, Barbican, Monument, Tower Bridge, the Imperial War Museum, Tate Britain, South Kensington, Kensington Palace and Paddington Station. Various colours and symbols have been used to easily distinguish between the different types of features and places of interest, including the route of the Jubilee Walk (fourteen miles) and the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Walk (seven miles)
- An index to selected places of interest that uses a star rating system to highlight recommended visitor attractions
- Information relating to bus and coach tours and canal and boat trips
- An inset map featuring bus routes in central London including a list of transport stations and river piers
- A list of cinemas, theatres, concert halls, opera and ballet venues with their addresses
The reverse side features:
- A further five suggested walks, devised as circular tours, that can be started and finished at any convenient place along the route. Each walk includes a coloured route map, text explaining the route and brief descriptions of the main places of interest along with colour photographs
- Text relating to the Jubilee Walk
- A list of Tourist Information Centres with addresses and telephone numbers along with information about London Transport
- An index to streets and a separate index to places of interest
The Central London Underground Map is featured on the back cover.
All in all, this pocket sized map is ideal for anyone wishing to explore the many attractions Central London has to offer, especially by following one of the seven interesting walks; or why not design your own!