Présentation de l'éditeur
This book is intended for use by customers using Google Classic Analytics and does not cover the newer Google Universal Analytics or related Google Tag Manager.
Google Analytics is the free tool used by millions of web site owners to assess the effectiveness of their efforts. Its revised interface and new features will offer even more ways to increase the value of your web site, and this book will teach you how to use each one to best advantage. Featuring new content based on reader and client requests, the book helps you implement new methods and concepts, track social and mobile visitors, use the new multichannel funnel reporting features, understand which filters to use, and much more.
- Gets you up and running with all the new tools in the revamped Google Analytics, and includes content requested by readers and users especially for new GA users
- Covers social media analytics features, advanced segmentation displays, multi–dashboard configurations, and using Top 20 reports
- Provides a detailed best–practices implementation guide covering advanced topics, such as how to set up GA to track dynamic web pages, banners, outgoing links, and contact forms
- Includes case studies and demonstrates how to optimize pay–per–click accounts, integrate AdSense, work with new reports and reporting tools, use ad version testing, and more
Make your web site a more effective business tool with the detailed information and advice about Google Analytics in Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics, 3nd Edition.
Quatrième de couverture
Master Google Analytics with This Complete Guide
Covering the very latest version of Google Analytics (GA), the third edition of this bestseller features more ROI–building tips and techniques than ever. Want to become proficient using all of Google Analytics′ powerful capabilities and reports? Measure the performance of your campaigns in real time? Discover the best way to track social and mobile visitors? Evaluate the impact of multichannel marketing? You′ll find all this and more in this complete practitioner′s guide. Learn how to use GA′s new features, why to use them, and how to apply everything Google Analytics has to offer to improve your website, your brand, and your bottom line.
- Become quickly productive with the new user interface and exciting new tools such as Multi–Channel Funnels
- Discover new capabilities, such as how to track mobile and social media visitors to your site and track embedded video usage
- Learn super workarounds and advanced techniques and tactics you can put to use immediately
- Follow best practices and learn from compelling, real–world examples
- Optimize your search engine marketing, monetize a non–e–commerce site, and track offline marketing as well as online
- Integrate Google Analytics data with third–party systems and applications, including your CRM system
It would be a cliché to say Brian Clifton knows Google Analytics like the back of his hand. But he does. So if there is only one book you can buy on Google Analytics . . . buy this book and you′ll be on your way to being an analysis ninja!"
Avinash Kaushik, author of Web Analytics 2.0 and Digital Marketing Evangelist, Google
A must–read if you′re playing in the big leagues."
Chris Sherman, Executive Editor, Search Engine Land
A great practitioners resource that not only covers the technical details for a best practice setup, but also ties it back to the business objectives."
Sara Andersson, Founder of Search Integration AB and Chairperson, Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMP), Scandinavia
With a good mix of concepts, examples and how–to′s, the book structure and writing style will please both marketers and technically inclined analysts, and even help reconcile both universes."
Stéphane Hamel, Director of Strategic Services, Cardinal Path