Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Al-Ahsa, sometimes Al-Hasa or El Hasa is the largest oasis in the worlda known as traditional oasis region in eastern, representing 24% of Saudi Arabia and 68% of East region, and population of more than 1.5 million and an area of 660.000 km2 Saudi Arabia whose name is used by the Al-Ahsa Governorate, which comprises much of that country''s Eastern Province. The oasis is located about 60 km inland from the Persian Gulf. Al-Ahsa is part of the region known historically as Al-Bahrayn, which includes the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula down to the borders of Oman, and also includes the island of Awal (modern-day Bahrain). On December 2, 1922, Percy Zachariah Cox officially notified Kuwait''s Emir Sheikh Ahmad Al Sabah that Kuwait''s borders had been modified. Earlier that year, Major John More, the British representative in Kuwait, had met with Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia to settle the border issue between Kuwait and Najd. The result of the meeting was the Uqair Protocol of 1922, which gave away land in Kuwait to Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia.