Présentation de l'éditeur
The rose is the nation's favourite flower and never goes out of fashion. In this definitive guide, Alan Titchmarsh shows how to grow and care for roses in your garden. He covers all the essential techniques and provides inspirational ideas for training and planting schemes that will ensure healthy plants and stunning displays year on year.
* A-Z directory of Alan's recommended roses
* Essential techniques for pruning and support
* How to combine roses with other plants
* Suggested roses for all garden situations, including shady and exposed sites
* Comprehensive guide to understanding rose types
Biographie de l'auteur
Originally trained at Hertfordshire College of Horticulture and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Alan Titchmarsh is the author of over 40 books about gardening, including How to be a Gardener Book 1: Back to Basics
, the fastest-selling of all time in the genre, and the bestselling The Kitchen Gardener: How to Grow Your Own Fruit and Veg
. He writes for BBC Gardeners' World Magazine
, and is gardening correspondent for the Daily Express
and Sunday Express
. A frequent broadcaster, Alan has covered The Chelsea Flower Show for the BBC for over 25 years, he has a seasonal daily chat show on ITV, and a weekly show on Radio 2.