Présentation de l'éditeur
The first comprehensive guide to discovering and preventing attacks on the Android OS
As the Android operating system continues to increase its share of the smartphone market, smartphone hacking remains a growing threat. Written by experts who rank among the world′s foremost Android security researchers, this book presents vulnerability discovery, analysis, and exploitation tools for the good guys. Following a detailed explanation of how the Android OS works and its overall security architecture, the authors examine how vulnerabilities can be discovered and exploits developed for various system components, preparing you to defend against them.
If you are a mobile device administrator, security researcher, Android app developer, or consultant responsible for evaluating Android security, you will find this guide is essential to your toolbox.
Android Hacker′s Handbook
- A crack team of leading Android security researchers explain Android security risks, security design and architecture, rooting, fuzz testing, and vulnerability analysis
- Covers Android application building blocks and security as well as debugging and auditing Android apps
- Prepares mobile device administrators, security researchers, Android app developers, and security consultants to defend Android systems against attack
is the first comprehensive resource for IT professionals charged with smartphone security.
Quatrième de couverture
A complete guide to securing the Android operating system
The Android Hacker s Handbook provides network security professionals and mobile device administrators with the specifics of the Android operating system from a security standpoint. This book explains how the operating system works, security risks associated with it, and the overall security architecture of the operating system. It also explains how vulnerabilities can be found in, and exploits developed for, various components of the system.
Written by some of the world s foremost Android security researchers, the Android Hacker s Handbook is the only resource of its kind to explore Android security on this level. This essential guide includes both implementation details as well as complexities introduced by the open nature of the OS.
- Become familiar with security implementation details, as well as complexities introduced by the open nature of the Android OS
- Avoid common security pitfalls and stay ahead of the latest smartphone hacking strategies
- Review the various types of attacks that have been successful against the Android OS
- Explore rooting and gain an understanding of the partition layout, boot process
- Understand the complex nature of the Android ecosystem, including the impact of various hardware vendors and software developers