Quatrième de couverture
A comprehensive guide to the care of trees, this book covers all aspects of arboriculture from the fundamentals of tree growth and development to developing plant health care programs. It discusses aspects of site selection and modification including climate, and soil and water management. The book follows the tree from selection in the nursery to planting and aftercare through such routine practices as pruning, fertilization, support systems, and plant health care. Key management situations such as tree preservation, hazard assessment, and problem diagnosis are discussed in detail.
The fourth edition offers several new features that the student of arboriculture and practicing arborists will find valuable:
- Reorganization of topics to improve continuity of information
- Addition of overviews and summaries for each chapter
- Updated assessment of tree care practices such as soil amendments, mycorrhizae, and tree growth regulators
- Thorough evaluation of the benefits from trees (economic, environmental, ecological, and psychological) including examples of the most recent research on cost-benefit analysis of trees in urban areas
- Emphasis on special management situations such as structural soils, root-pavement conflicts, and remnant forests