Présentation de l'éditeur
What You Can Expect to Learn From This Book:
• A balanced approach towards reading with comprehension and enjoyment as the ultimate goal.
• The importance of reading aloud to your child even after she has become a proficient reader herself.
• Tips for teaching your child to identify the letters of the alphabet within her environment.
• Activities that promote literacy while incorporating multiple senses and areas of development.
• Comprehension strategies that ensure your child is remembering and retaining what she has read.
• Simple phonemic awareness activities that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine.
• The necessity for teaching phonics and sight words.
• Decoding strategies that will engage your child.
• Tips on choosing “just right” books for your child to read independently.
Written by an award winning educator and mother of two, this book will leave you feeling equipped and empowered to begin teaching your child to read!