Présentation de l'éditeur
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive style of all Full Stop guides, Canon 5D Mark III Experience will help you learn to use your EOS 5D Mk III quickly and competently, to consistently make the types of images you desire. You can read this guide on your PC or Mac, or take it into the field on your iPad, tablet, or phone with free Kindle Reading Apps.
This guide is designed for Intermediate and Enthusiast dSLR Photographers who wish to take fuller advantage of the capabilities of the camera to go beyond Auto+ and P modes and shoot competently in Av, Tv, and M modes; take control of the sophisticated 61 point autofocus system; learn how, when, and why to use the controls, buttons, and features of the 5D Mk III, and much more. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those learning digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation such as using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image.
For Experienced Photographers coming to the 5D Mk III from previous dSLR models, this guide explains the new and advanced features to quickly get you up and running and taking advantage of these capabilities, including the new 61 Point Autofocus System and its Modes, Area Modes, Menu options and AF Case Presets. Plus it explains the new camera controls, the in-camera HDR and Multiple Exposures features, introduces the new video capabilities, and guides you through all the Menu and Custom Function items to help you set up the camera for your specific needs.
Canon 5D Mark III Experience focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus and settings to get you up and running with video. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your 5D Mk III - Explanations of all of the Custom Function settings and Menu options, with recommended settings.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes - Taking control of the new 61 point AF system will enable you to successfully capture more sharp images in still and action situations. Learn the AF Modes, AF Area Modes, and AF Configuration Presets and how and when to take advantage of them.
- Aperture (Av), Shutter (Tv), and Manual (M) Modes - How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings.
- Exposure Metering Modes - How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance - Understanding these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations.
- HDR Shooting mode and Multiple Exposure mode - Configure and use these new features.
- The Image Taking Process - Descriptive tutorials.
- Composition - Tips and techniques, including the creative use of depth of field.
- Lenses - Canon lens notations and choosing L series lenses.
- Photography Accessories - Useful accessories for the 5DIII and for dSLR photography.
- Introduction to Video Settings - Explanations of the settings and options to get you started.
As one Canon user has said about Full Stop guides, "I don't know how I could fully take advantage of all the features the camera has to offer without this publication! It's well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera."
Take control of your 5D Mk III and the photos you create!