Présentation de l'éditeur
In 2002 voice over IP will constitute more than 25% of all long distance voice calls, according to Network World. That’s more than a 30% ramp-up from 2001. The emergence of SIP, MPLS and new quality of service tools is making carrier grade voice over IP a service reality, and a potentially huge margin booster and revenue driver for service providers.The first edition of Carrier Grade Voice over IP played a roll in VoIP growth, in less than year becoming an essential tool for carriers working to provide high quality IP telephony. This new edition vastly updates the SIP chapter, details MPLS, and takes the explanations of the previous edition a step further in a final chapter that shows, step by step, how to design working VoIP networks. --Ce texte fait référence à une édition épuisée ou non disponible de ce titre.
Quatrième de couverture
NEW EDITION OF---CUTTING-EDGE SOLUTIONS CUT-TO-THE-CHASE STYLE
In the race to put carrier-quality voice over IP (VoIP)——those using this book run faster and falter less. International expert Daniel Collins’ greatly enhanced Carrier Grade Voice over IP brings you leading-edge signaling schemes, protocol apps, and quality of service (QoS) techniques—and more importantly, the answers to making them work together.
Skipping needless history, chitchat, and math, Collins gets right down to solutions with solid information on protocols’ purposes and uses. He gives you the newest information with hands-on details, showing you how to:
* Use ITU and IETF protocols to build next-generation networks
* Enable advanced features and services, including expanded SIP coverage
* Provide wireline-quality service with resource reservation schemes and QoS techniques, including the latest information on MPLS advances
* Overcome limitations inherent in IP
* Seamlessly interwork VoIP systems with traditional telephony networks
* Design real-world VoIP networks (new chapter)
* Pull the pieces together into a system that works—and does not break
Complete with numerous specific examples of how the protocols are used and integrated, this just-in-time guide supplies the solutions you need to roll out competitive quality VoIP.
Jumpstart carrier-quality VoIP with help from international expert Daniel Collins --Ce texte fait référence à une édition épuisée ou non disponible de ce titre.