Quatrième de couverture
"Even long-time Eclipse committers will be surprised by the breadth and depth of this book. A must-read for every new Eclipse extender."
--Andre Weinand, Eclipse Committer
Contributing to Eclipse offers
- A quick step-by-step tutorial. Have your first plug-in running in less than an hour.
- An introduction to test-driven plug-in development. Confidently create higher quality plug-ins.
- The Rules of Eclipse. Seamlessly integrate your contributions with the rest of Eclipse.
- A design pattern tour of Eclipse. A cook's tour of Eclipse with patterns.
- A comprehensive tutorial. See all the techniques necessary to write production-quality contributions.
Erich Gamma and Kent Beck introduce you quickly, yet thoroughly, to Eclipse, the emerging environment for software development. Instead of simply walking you through the actions you should take, Contributing to Eclipse, with its many sidebars, essays, and forward pointers, guides you through Eclipse. You will not just do. You will also understand.
Whether you need to get up to speed immediately or want to better understand the design rationale behind Eclipse, Contributing to Eclipse is the Eclipse resource for you.
Biographie de l'auteur
Kent Beck consistently challenges software engineering dogma, promoting ideas like patterns, test-driven development, and Extreme Programming. Currently affiliated with Three Rivers Institute and Agitar Software, he is the author of many Addison-Wesley titles.Dr. Erich Gamma is technical director at the Software Technology Center of Object Technology International in Zurich, Switzerland.