Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously (Anglais) Broché – 21 janvier 2000
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
En savoir plus sur l'auteur
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
And more you fight with fear the more you will become afraid and a new fear will appear.
And courage is going into the unknown,to be courage is to free yourself from the known and from the save.
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
1) Courage means pushing ahead despite the fear you're feeling;
2) Listen to life, don't expect life to listen to you or your logic, and that means knowing when to yield in the face life's storms;
3) Go with your heart and gamble on the unknown rather than using your head to always play it safe;
4) Be open to spontaneity and the vulnerability that might come with it rather than operating through ready-made conclusions, especially when you have not even explored the possibilities.
5) You may have great doubts, but if you can forge ahead despite these doubts you must also have great trust. You have to learn to go with your experience of life rather than your analysis of it (i.e., with the eyes of your heart rather than with the legs of your intellect), and that's how your trust begins to overcome the doubts.
6)Foster innocence by dying to the past and being reborn to the future;
7)Open the door to the new by not imposing your decision on events in life but by acting in the moment;
8) Know that love is light and darkness is the absence of that light; to foster love don't force it into narrow places, because love is an infinite sky in which you don't force your ideals on others but are accepting of others as they are;
9) Go by your inner sense and not by following the crowd, by realizing that you're one with your universe / reality/ God, that you are known and have already been judged by that universe/reality/God that created you when you were born (i.e., such inner sense becoming possible when you're not burdened by the weight of your feelings of separateness from that universe/reality/God);
10) Live dangerously, not by settling for the mundane, but by risking bodily, psychologically, and spiritually for the new.
The final word is that meditation is the process of living the joyful life discussed in this book. One star less than five, because the discussion on this could have been better -- there are better books out there on meditation itself.
Otherwise, this work is full of good, kind-hearted, humorous, and loving advice.
In ancient Greece, he would be accused of sophistry, corrupting the innocent youth and threatening societal order. Osho reminds me of Socrates in his times. His critics think he was a self-serving quack who confounds the naive with tautological inspirational truisms that challenge the political and religious authorities. No doubt they both were eccentric, perhaps egotistical, men who saw something unique which resonated with a lot of discontented souls. They both taught individuals to think for themselves and inspired people to live different lives against the grain of the crowd. Socrates was a dangerous man. So is Osho.
I am not putting Osho on a pedestal with Socrates. Reading socrates woke me up in high school. Since then for fifteen years, no one has given me such a needed slap in the face as Osho has. His words are sharp, and his claims are outrageous. But I just couldn't help but see the truth.
This is not a "how to" self-help book. It's not an instructional manual. It's a much needed slap in the face.
'Courage' could be a refuge of any depressed, frustrated, and lost individual and it has the ability to bring the individual out from the abyss of any downfall in life. Even if you are not frustrated or depressed, and/or are an individual without problems or difficulties, 'Courage' shall elevate you to heights that you never had imagined. 'Courage' shall give you an incredible insight into the workings of your own mind and shall provide you with tremendous courage to live a life of freedom and fearlessness.
Osho gets into your mind through this book and literally brings you out from the hypocrisy that surrounds you all the time. For the first time you shall realize that you are constantly living in a world of manipulations, double-standards, and falsity. I would sincerely recommend this 'masterpiece' to any person who has been seeking the 'Truth'.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mysticism
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Spiritualism
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > Other Eastern Religions
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation