Quatrième de couverture
DB2® 9 builds on the world's number one enterprise database to simplify the delivery of information as a service, accelerate development, and dramatically improve operational efficiency, security, and resiliency.
Now, this new edition offers complete, start-to-finish coverage of DB2 9 administration and development for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows® platforms, as well as authoritative preparation for the latest IBM DB2 certification exam.
Written for both DBAs and developers, this definitive reference and self-study guide covers all aspects of deploying and managing DB2 9, including DB2 database design and development; day-to-day administration and backup; deployment of networked, Internet-centered, and SOA-based applications; migration; and much more. You'll also find an unparalleled collection of expert tips for optimizing performance, availability, and value.
- Important security and resiliency enhancements, including advanced access control; fine-grained, label-based security; and the new security administrator role
- Breakthrough pureXML™ features that make it easier to succeed with service-oriented architecture
- Operational improvements that enhance DBA efficiency--including self-tuning memory allocation, automated storage management, and storage optimization
- Table-partitioning features that improve scalability and manageability
- Powerful improvements for more agile and rapid development, including the new Eclipse-based Developer Workbench and simple SQL or XQuery access to all data
Whatever your role in working with DB2 or preparing for certification, DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, Sixth Edition is the one book you can't afford to be without.
Download Complete DB2 V9 Trial Version
Visit ibm.com/db2/9/download.html to download a complete trial version of DB2, which enables you to try out dozens of the most powerful features of DB2 for yourself: everything from pureXML support to automated administration and optimization.
- Straight from IBM, the ultimate guide to running DB2 9 and preparing for the latest IBM DB2 certification exam!
- Covers powerful DB2 9 enhancements ranging from automated management to improved compression
- Covers the full spectrum of DBA responsibilities, including server management, data placement, XML concepts, activity analysis, high availability, and security
- Presents expert tips and best practices from the DB2 customer support organization
Biographie de l'auteur
George Baklarz, B. Math, M.Sc., Ph.D., has spent 22 years at IBM working on various aspects of database technology. From 1987 to 1991 he worked on SQL/DS as part of the product planning department, system test team, performance team, and application development group. In 1991, Baklarz was part of the team that helped moved the OS/2 ES database to Toronto to become part of the DB2 family of products. Since that time he has worked on vendor enablement, competitive analysis, product marketing, product planning, and technical sales support. Today, Baklarz is the Program Director responsible for Dynamic Warehousing Pre-Sales Support, and he works with customers to help them understand DB2 technology directions and uses their feedback to improve the product. When not traveling the world, Baklarz lectures at the University of Guelph, teaching relational database concepts to students. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paul C. Zikopoulos, B.A., M.B.A., is an award-winning writer and speaker with the IBM Database Competitive Technology team. He has more than thirteen years of experience with DB2 and has written more than 150 magazine articles and is currently working on book number twelve. Zikopoulos has authored the books Information on Demand: Introduction to DB2 9.5 New Features; DB2 9 Database Administration Certification Guide and Reference (6th Edition); DB2 9: New Features; Information on Demand: Introduction to DB2 9 New Features; Off to the Races with Apache Derby; DB2 Version 8: The Official Guide; DB2: The Complete Reference; DB2 Fundamentals Certification for Dummies; DB2 for Dummies; and A DBA's Guide to Databases on Linux. Zikopoulos is a DB2 Certified Advanced Technical Expert (DRDA and Cluster/EEE) and a DB2 Certified Solutions Expert (Business Intelligence and Database Administration). In his spare time, he enjoys all sorts of sporting activities, including running with his dog Chachi, avoiding punches in his MMA class, and trying to figure out the world according to Chloë, his daughter. You can reach him at email@example.com.