Présentation de l'éditeur
“In the world of Jackass, Maxim, and The Man Show, men should welcome this book. It’s refreshing to have another voice.”
—Andy Spade, CEO and Creative Director, Kate Spade LLC
“A helpful manners survival guide for figuring out those sticky everyday situations.”
—Joshua Piven, coauthor of The WORST-CASE SCENARIO Survival Handbook
The name “Emily Post” is synonymous with etiquette, good manners, and decorum—and, with this newly revised and updated 2nd Edition of the New York Times bestseller Essential Manners for Men, Peter Post, Emily Post’s great-grandson and director of The Emily Post Institute, Inc., once again does the great lady proud. In this invaluable handbook, Post addresses the topics men really need to master to succeed in business and in life—how to act and to conduct themselves in a plethora of common and not so common circumstances in the office, at a wedding, on social media, when dating, etc. Essential Manners for Men, 2nd Edition is a book that belongs on the shelves of every man and the woman who loves him.
Quatrième de couverture
In Essential Manners for Men, etiquette expert Peter Post tackles the issues of real concern for today's man, enabling him to make the right decisions about what to do and say in every situation that counts, whether in daily life, social life, or on the job. Sharp, savvy, and sensible—filled with accessible sidebars, tips, and stories from the author's own experiences—this classic New York Times bestselling handbook has been updated to reflect the realities of our modern times with all new material, including:
- Social media: social networking, gaming, and the world of online dating
- Communication in person: greetings, handshakes, and how to make the all-important good first impression
- Communication on-the-go: texting, e-mailing, and using smart phones
- Life changes: dealing with bumps in the road, from divorce to layoffs
- Weddings: the man's role, from groom to best man to usher, and the changing nature of the bachelor party
- Entertaining, dining, tipping
Also: Sportsmanship • Parenting • Sharing living space with a roommate, spouse, or significant other • Navigating the business dinner • Throwing a great party or being a perfect guest . . . and much more.