Revue de presse
"...with an easy style and great depth, Final Cut Pro Workflows: The Independent Studio Handbook is an enjoyable and important read. Osder and Carman offer a diverse background and extensive experience with Final Cut Pro."
- Richard Harrington, President, RHED Pixel; author, Photoshop for Video, 3rd Edition, Final Cut Studio on the Spot, 3rd Edition
"Builds the theory and practice of using FCP around a variety of real-world project scenarios. Final Cut Pro Workflows combines an encyclopedia of detailed information on technical specs for shooting and editing with surprisingly readable stories about applying the tools to actual projects. Not just how to use a hammer...how to build the house."
-- Blaine Graboyes, Media Architect, Worldwide Biggies, NYC
"...what makes Final Cut Pro Workflows: The Independent Studio Handbook a standout in a crowded field of books on the 'how to' of digital editing is the recognition that it's not just about learning the technology, but about how you think, organize, and manage a project to bring it to successful conclusion. Osder and Carman have written a unique book that brings together the critical marriage of technology and the real world circumstances that confront nascent Final Cut Pro editors. Indispensable!"
- Nina Gilden Seavey, Emmy Award-winning Filmmaker; Director, The Documentary Center, George Washington University
Présentation de l'éditeur
Today's digital production tools empower the small team to produce multimedia projects that formerly required large teams. Orchestrating a production requires more than proficiency with the postproduction tools. Final Cut Pro Workflows: The Independent Studio Handbook offers a cookbook of postproduction workflows that teams can follow to deliver an array of products to their clients. It describes appropriate postproduction workflows, team roles and responsibilities, and required equipment for some of the most common media productions.
Combining the wisdom of traditional roles and responsibilities with an understanding of how FCP facilitates a new flexibility where these roles/responsibilities can be redistributed, this book sheds light on workflow processes and responsibilities, and includes 7 real-world workflows from a diverse range of projects:
* Money-Saving Digital Video Archive
* Long-Form Documentary with Mixed Sources
* Web-Based Viewing and Ordering System
* 30-Second Spot for Broadcast
* Multi-Part TV Series with Multiple Editors
* DVD Educational Supplement
* Music Video with Multi-Cam Editing and Multiple Outputs
Written with a unique iconography to better convey key points and applicable to all levels of FCP users, Final Cut Pro Workflows: The Independent Studio Handbook is a vital reference tool for every postproduction house.
* Real-world workflows and case studies provide blueprints that readers can follow to efficiently coordinate multimedia projects
* Clearly defines team member responsibilities and details their roles in efficient postproduction workflows
* Provides technical and administrative direction that smoothes the way to expanding a studio's postproduction repertoire