- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
- Publiez votre livre sur Kindle Direct Publishing en format papier ou numérique : C'est simple et gratuit et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs. En savoir plus ici .
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
Fog Island (Anglais) Relié – 28 mars 2013
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant consulté cet article ont également regardé
Descriptions du produit
Biographie de l'auteur
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
En savoir plus sur l'auteur
©Tous droits réservés à l'école des loisirs
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
It was a major hit. The story of the brother and sister from a self-sufficient family in a timeless "back of beyond" location on the Irish coast is clever, exciting, and spooky without being scary. My daughter absolutely adores it and has been constantly acting out key scenes from it. She loves the mysterious "Fog Man" and the strange animal companions he hangs out with.
The plot is essentially as follows ***SPOILER ALERT YO***:
- Brother and sister are presented by their dad with a boat he's made, and somberly instructed to stay close to the coast and, in any event, avoid Fog Island, which looms in the distance like a "jagged black tooth."
- Bro and sis are out on the boat and encounter heavy fog. The currents whisk them far away from shore.
- They land on a rocky island. It is spooky and they realize that it must be Fog Island.
- Scaling a set of treacherous steps to the castle at the top of the crag, they meet the Fog Man, who lives there alone with his many weird animal companions and regulates the supply of fog to the coast. He is surprisingly innocuous and welcoming, providing bro and sis generous hospitality.
- The kids wake up the next day amongst ruins, but still covered with the blanket that the Fog Man gave them, and with two hot bowls of the Fog Man's idiosyncratic stew beside them. The true nature of the Fog Man is left ambiguous.
- Bro and sis return homeward and are rescued from a storm by their dad and his fishing pals. The village celebrates, but none believe their story of the Fog Man, and none dare venture to the island to check for the evidence that bro and sis say remains there.
This book's also got some cool regional vocabulary words, such as "curragh" (the type of boat the siblings are in when they're pulled out to Fog Island on the tide).
This is probably the best book I've bought for the kid that isn't by either Dr Seuss or Richard Scarry. A must-have, and one that I expect will entertain and inspire kids in a very wide age range.
Parents note : Ungerer uses the word "hell" once to describe the appearance of a magma-filled well (by the flooding of which the Fog Man creates the fog of the coast), and I have been replacing that with an alternative word during readings so to avoid a theological discussion of eternal torment (in more ways than one) with a three-year-old, but apart from that and what the MPAA might call "mild peril," there's nothing worrisome or objectionable in the book. [though vegans may object to an image of the brother holding what appears to be a dead rabbit in one panel whose main focus is the shepherding activities of the siblings]
the bottom line : GET THIS BOOK
The story follows the children who through a misadventure, end up in the very place their father had warned them about. Their encounter with the mysterious Fog Man and their ensuing adventures make for an entertaining read and will certainly appeal to imaginative children yearning for excitement. My eight-year-old daughter could barely suppress her interest as she eagerly flipped through the pages to see what would happen to Finn and Cara. The element of darkness and mystery permeates the story and the muted illustrations lend this tale an air of suspense and high atmosphere that is sure to delight a wide audience. Strange and ethereal, "Fog Island" is one of those delightfully creepy tales that reaches out to those with adventurous souls. A recommended read.
and keep it in a special childs bookcase in case they
want to pull it out themselves and go thru it to see
the pictures or read
on their own.
the drawings are also so great.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Livres > Adolescents > Contes et légendes
- Livres > Adolescents > Romans > Fantastiques
- Livres > Adolescents > Romans > Policiers
- Livres > Art, Musique et Cinéma
- Livres > Dictionnaires, langues et encyclopédies > Langues étrangères
- Livres > Etudes supérieures > Université > Sciences économiques
- Livres > Livres pour enfants
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Arts & Photography
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Children's Books > Literature > Fairy Tales, Folk Tales & Myths
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Children's Books > Literature > Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery & Horror > Mysteries, Espionage, & Detectives
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Children's Books > Literature > Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery & Horror > Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Magic
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Children's Books > People & Places > Family Life
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology