Présentation de l'éditeur
The most authoritative and innovative guide to professional football (previously known as "Pro Football Prospectus") is back for an all-new season with more cutting-edge statistical analysis, obsessive film study, and trademark humor. Includes comprehensive coverage of all 32 NFL teams, analysis of offseason personnel changes, over 500 KUBIAK fantasy football projections, and breakdowns of every team from the five major college football conferences plus the top independent and mid-major college teams. With numerous statistical measures that go far beyond standard NFL stats, Football Outsiders Almanac 2014 gives NFL fans the kind of sabermetric-like statistical analysis that revolutionized the fan's understanding of baseball. It's also written with a knowing dry wit that gets under the skin of America's most popular spectator sport.
- Groundbreaking team and player DVOA ratings that correct for situation and opponent to reveal which offenses and defenses are truly superior, and which players really help win games.
- Exclusive data from the Football Outsiders Game Charting Project, unavailable in standard NFL stats, tells you which running backs face the most men in the box; which quarterbacks benefit the most from yards after catch; which teams most often blitz or run specific offensive formations; and which defensive backs stop the other team's passing game, measured by pass coverage on every single play rather than just tackles.
- Detailed information on each team's performance in 2013 by offensive and defensive personnel package.
- Detailed individual stats for offensive linemen and defensive players.
- Extensive coverage of all 32 teams with week-by-week stats from the 2013 season, five-year performance trends, and analysis of off-season personnel changes.
- Exclusive 2014 predictions that give the odds on each team as a Super Bowl contender ... or a contender for the top pick in the 2015 draft.
- 2014 fantasy football projections for more than 500 skill position players based on the KUBIAK forecasting system.
- Breakdowns on more than 60 different college football teams and full win-loss projections for all 128 Division I-A (FBS) teams.
- "A book that any self-respecting NFL fan needs to purchase." -- Bill Simmons, GRANTLAND.com
- "Football Outsiders has now built a system that has some serious traction behind it. I personally find it fascinating." -- John Schneider, General Manager, Seattle Seahawks
- "Exhausting, enlightening, surprising in many cases, and an absolute must-read if you like the NFL. -- Peter King, Sports Illustrated
Biographie de l'auteur
Lead editor Aaron Schatz is the creator of FootballOutsiders.com and the proprietary NFL statistics within Football Outsiders Almanac, including DVOA, DYAR, Adjusted Line Yards, and the KUBIAK fantasy football projections. He writes regularly for ESPN Insider and ESPN the Magazine, and has done custom research for a number of NFL teams. The New York Times Magazine has referred to him as “the Bill James of football.” Bill Connelly (writer, NCAA statistics) writes for Football Outsiders and covers college football for SB Nation at FootballStudyHall.com. Brian Fremeau (writer, NCAA statistics) writes for Football Outsiders and ESPN Insider. Vince Verhei (writer, design, and layout) covers the NFL for Football Outsiders and ESPN Insider. Rivers McCown (writer, editor on player comments) is assistant editor for Football Outsiders. Doug Farrar has covers the NFL for Sports Illustrated. Nathan Forster is the creator of the Football Outsiders SackSEER and Playmaker Score systems. Tom Gower writes regularly for Football Outsiders. Matt Hinton covers college football for Football Outsiders and the SB Nation blog "Sunday Morning Quarterback." Scott Kacsmar is Assistant Editor for Football Outsiders. Jason Lisk writes for TheBigLead.com. Christopher Price covers the NFL for Boston radio station WEEI as well as WEEI.com. Chase Stuart runs the blog FootballPerspective.com and writes for FootballGuys.com. Mike Tanier covers the NFL for SportsonEarth.com and is the author of "The Philly Fan's Code." Robert Weintraub writes regularly for SportsonEarth.com and The Guardian, and is the author of "The Victory Season: The End of World War II and the Birth of Baseball's Golden Age" and "The House That Ruth Built: A New Stadium, the First Yankees Championship, and the Redemption of 1923."