Présentation de l'éditeur
It is essential for any serious pastry chef to have a comprehensive knowledge of frozen dessert production, and Frozen Desserts
provides all the basic information a pastry professional needs.
Introductory chapters include:
- the history and evolution of frozen desserts
- ingredients including dairy products, sugars, stabilizers, emulsifiers, fruits, and flavors
- equipment including churning machines, production equipment, and storage and serving containers
- essentials on storage, sanitation, and production and serving techniques
Recipe chapters cover:
- Dairy–Based Frozen Desserts, which include ice cream, gelato, and sherbet
- Non–Dairy Desserts, which include sorbet and granites
- Aerated Still–Frozen Desserts, which include parfaits, semi–freddos, and frozen mousses and souffles
Each recipe chapter covers both classic and modern small–batch production techniques, basic formulas, and both basic and advanced base recipes. The final chapter, "Finished Items", makes use of these base recipes and shows readers how to produce, plate, garnish, and serve small desserts, plated desserts, frozen cakes, and even frozen accompaniments to savory courses. Recipes are illustrated throughout by full–color beauty photographs. An instructor′s manual and companion website are also available for classroom use.