Présentation de l'éditeur
This biography allows George to step out of the shadows and brings him to life as a court poet, royal favourite, keen sportsman, talented diplomat and loyal brother. Clare Cherry and Claire Ridgway chart his life from his spectacular rise in the 1520s to his dramatic fall and tragic end in 1536.
George Boleyn: Tudor Poet, Courtier and Diplomat is divided into three sections – Beginnings, Career and Influence, and End of an Era – and topics include:
- George Boleyn’s poetry
- Personal attributes and social pursuits
- George’s marriage to Jane Parker
- The Reformation Parliament and the League of Schmalkalden
- George the Diplomat
- The fall of the Boleyns, arrests and trials
- The aftermath of their fall
- George Boleyn, Dean of Lichfield, and the Clonony Castle Boleyns
The biography is fully referenced and includes chapter notes, bibliography and useful appendices.