Présentation de l'éditeur
- Effortlessly manage your web applications and user interfaces
- Build your own applications progressively with the help of real world examples and scenarios
This book is a practical hands-on guide which is presented and explained with working examples to help you get started with Google Apps Script. You will create custom functions in your spreadsheets, design your own forms, filter your emails, and publish web applications that you can use every day.
You are going to be part of a great journey from basic spreadsheet functionality and customization to fully automated workflows; all of this almost seamlessly and without complications.
On your way, you will filter your e-mails, create your forms, calculate all sorts of parameters, and be able to share just about anything that can be shared; all of this with the power of Google Apps Script at your fingertips. You will learn to embed scripts and text documents in Google sites, and will also be taken through standalone applications and user interfaces. The book ends with some tips and tricks to expand your knowledge.
What you will learn from this book
- Get acquainted with the tools you have at hand
- Exchange and communicate information between Google services
- Build a private website using your private files
- Construct a web app that really helps you at work
- Solve common issues when using shared documents
- Embed scripts and text documents in Google sites
- Know where to find the information you will need to go further
This book is a simple step-by-step, example-oriented guide with a focus on providing the practical skills necessary to develop and customize apps with Apps Script.
Who this book is written for
Biographie de l'auteur
Serge Gabet has been a professional audio equipment manufacturer for 20 years and is now working for an artistic upper school in Brussels, Belgium as a teacher and Technical Manager. He is also in charge of the Google Apps administration of this school. He develops custom applications using Google Apps Script mainly for his school, though he also works in other areas.
He has been designated a Top Contributor by Google since June 2011. He was active on the Google Group Help forum till 2012, then on the Stack Overflow forum (the Google Help Group forum was closed in June 2012), and became a first ranker and an all-time contributor on the Stack Overflow forum a few months back.