104 internautes sur 109 ont trouvé ce commentaire utile
- Publié sur Amazon.com
Format: Format Kindle
I wrote the below comment for Rita's book "PMP Exam Pre, eighth edition), but I will also,post it here for Head First!!! Let me say that Head First is an outstanding book, some mistakes but if you know the concepts you can work through them. If you have time yo study both Rita's book and Head First I HIGHLY recommend studying both! You can get through Head First in 2 weeks its a very fun read.
I passed my PMP two days ago! I took a. 4 day bootcamp which was a waste of money, but the instructor from the bootcamp told me to buy Rita's book to get a better understanding. I also bought Head First PMP, McGraw-Hill's PMP Certification Mathematics with CD-ROM , I also signed up for a 20 day pass on PMStudy to rake practice test. When I took the exam I felt very confident and was able to breeze through the questions. I was able to pass all the sections!!!! I truly believe all the above resources really helped me. If you cannot get all the above resources or only have a short window to study I recommend the following:
1) DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON A BOOTCAMP!!!!!!
2) Buy Rita's book and read as much as you can
3) Get McGraw-Hill's PMP Certification Mathematics with CD-ROM to help with the math section (take the practice test on the CD-ROM) 1-2 days before the test. Make sure you understand calculating critical path, and all the necessary formulas (KNOW YOUR FORMULA'S IN YOUR SLEEP!!!!, EAT, DRINK, SLEEP, PLAY WHATEVER YOU DO KNOW YOUR FORMULA'S!!!!!) especially AC, PV, EV, CV, CPI, SV, SPI, EAC, BAC, ETC, TCPI, SD, VARIANCE, PV (PRESENT VALUE), Communication Channel
4) Sign up for PMStudy 20 days worth of testing!!!! Take the first test to see where you are, study study study the knowledge areas where you are weak take exam 2 if you get less than 80 go back to Rita's book! Take exam 3 get an 80 or better than take exam 4 the morning BEFORE your test so that your in a testing mind frame.
5) I LOVED Head First PMP but if you don't have time to study everything I would say to buy this book as a companion to Rita's book. This book is a fun read and makes the concepts easier to understand
6) Make sure your referencing the PMBOK 5 (Most Important)
During the exam (make sure your doing good on time before you follow these directions)
1) If you believe in prayer (PRAY) - ummmm you also do not need to tell anyone your taking the test, just in case........
2) Breathe and relax
3) Do the first 50 - 75 questions (Take a break, go to the bathroom, get some water, sit in the waiting room, just get away from the test)
4) Go back in do the next 25 - 50 questions (take another break)
5) Keep doing this until you finish
6) Before you review your questions, take your final break come back review your questions, (I took another break!!!!!), did the survey, packed up my things so I wasn't steering at the screen, and BOOM THERE IT WAS!!!!! Birds started singing, confetti fell from the ceiling, and people began to dance!! (well maybe in my head, but you get the point!)
Good luck and God Bless!!!!