Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Amazon.com:5.0 étoiles sur 5 1 commentaire
1 internautes sur 1 ont trouvé ce commentaire utile
5.0 étoiles sur 5How to Succeed on a Majority Campus20 décembre 2006
Par cortezhill - Publié sur Amazon.com
Packed with essential information, How to Succeed on a Majority Campus is written specifically to help you - as a minority student - make the right decisions throughout your college career. This unique book covers:
* A different view of study skills and time management
* Relationships in college - developng and maintaining relationships with peers and resolvng conflicts
* Racism on campus - and dealing with it on a personal, individual level
* Special academic and social challenges for African-American, Latina, Native-American, and Asian-American women on today's college campus.
* Lesbian, gay, and bisexual students of color in a white campus enviroment
* Health and stress management strategies
Plus - nearly 100 first-hand interviews with American and international students of color and comments from the counselors and advisors who have worked with them.
How to Succeed on a Majority Campus includes the contributions of nine authors who come from four racial/ethnic groups and have 100-plus years of experience with minority students attending predominantly white institutions. Part survival guide, part primer on college life, and rich with real student perspectives, this book is perfect for exploring new ideas and opening your mind to the many exciting possibilities waiting for you in the college enviroment.