- -40%, -50%, -60%, -70%... Découvrez les Soldes Amazon jusqu'au 16 février 2016 inclus. Profitez-en !
- Publiez votre livre : sur Kindle Direct Publishing En format papier ou ebook c'est simple et rapide et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs en quelques clics ici !
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
I Just Can't Stop It [Deluxe] Coffret, CD, CD+DVD, Edition de collection, Titres bonus, Enregistrement original remasterisé, Import
Retrouvez tous nos coffrets et intégrales ici.
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Détails sur le produit
Liste des titres
Disque : 1
Disque : 2
Disque : 3
Descriptions du produit
Description du produit
The Beat was formed in Birmingham in 1978, with members Dave Wakeling (vocals, guitar), Ranking Roger (vocals, toasting), Andy Cox (guitar), Everett Morton (drums), veteran Jamaican saxophonist Saxa, and David Steele on bass. The band was part of the West Midlands ska revival scene that also produced The Specials and The Selecter, whilst London saw the formation of Madness and The Bodysnatchers.
The Beat s first single was an arresting version of Smokey Robinson s Tears Of A Clown , given a completely new feel, and was backed with their own composition Ranking Full Stop . Released in a one-off deal on Jerry Dammers Chrysalis-backed 2-Tone label, the single stormed into the Top 10 in December 1979, and saw the band appear twice on Top Of The Pops. Backed by Arista, the band formed their own label Go-Feet Records. The first release in February 1980 was another Top 10 hit, Hands Off... She s Mine , and was the first of twelve chart singles for the band on Go-Feet.
Edsel Records is proud to announce its reissue programme of all three of the band s albums, each in Deluxe 2 CD + DVD digipaks, featuring the original albums along with all the non-album A- and B-sides, the many 12 mixes and live tracks, as well as the best of their BBC radio sessions from John Peel, Mike Read and David Jensen s shows. The DVDs feature the singles promo videos, Top Of The Pops performances and bonus appearances from ITV shows and documentaries.
First album I Just Can t Stop It (1980, # 3) features the hits Tears Of A Clown , Hands Off... She s Mine , Mirror In The Bathroom , Best Friend and Stand Down Margaret as well as 19 bonus tracks, including nine previously unreleased BBC radio sessions. The DVD features three promo videos, five TOTP appearances and a live performance recorded for ITV s Alright Now .
The booklet features an individual note especially written by Rhoda Dakar of The Bodysnatchers, along with the lyrics and photos, memorabilia and ephemera from the band s own collection.
Biographie de l'artiste
Disc One (I Just Cant Stop It)
1. Mirror In The Bathroom
2. Hands Off...She's Mine
3. Two Swords
4. Twist & Crawl
5. Rough Rider
6. Click Click
7. Big Shot
8. Whine & Grine / Stand Down Margaret
9. Noise In This World
10. Can't Get Used To Losing You
11. Best Friend
Disc Two (Bonus Tracks)
1. Tears Of A Clown
2. Ranking Full Stop
3. Twist & Crawl [extended]
4. Hands Off...She s Mine [extended]
5. Stand Down Margaret [Dub]
6. Mirror In The Bathroom [Sure Is Pure Mix]
7. Mirror In The Bathroom [Tic Tac Toe Mix]
8. Mirror In The Bathroom [Spike Stent Mix]
9. Dub In The Bathroom [Simon & Diamond Mix]
10. Just Can t Stop The Dub [Adelphi Mix]
11. Tears Of A Clown (BBC Radio Sessions, John Peel Show, broadcast 5th November 1979)
12. Ranking Full Stop (BBC Radio Sessions, John Peel Show, broadcast 5th November 1979)
13. Click Click (BBC Radio Sessions, John Peel Show, broadcast 5th November 1979)
14. Mirror In The Bathroom (BBC Radio Sessions, John Peel Show, broadcast 5th November 1979)
15. Big Shot (BBC Radio Sessions, John Peel Show, broadcast 5th November 1979)
MIKE READ SHOW, broadcast 11th February 1980
16. Hands Off...She s Mine (Mike Read Show, broadcast 11th February 1980)
17. Mirror In The Bathroom (Mike Read Show, broadcast 11th February 1980)
18. Rough Rider (Mike Read Show, broadcast 11th February 1980)
19. Twist & Crawl (Mike Read Show, broadcast 11th February 1980)
Disc 3 - DVD
1. Hands Off...She s Mine (Video Promo)
2. Mirror In The Bathroom (Video Promo)
3. Best Friend (Video Promo)
4. Tears Of A Clown [Top Of The Pops, Broadcast On 13th December 1979]
5. Tears Of A Clown [Top Of The Pops, Broadcast On 3rd January 1980]
6. Hands Off...She s Mine [Top Of The Pops, Broadcast On 22nd February 1980]
7. Mirror In The Bathroom [Top Of The Pops, Broadcast On 1st May 1980]
8. Best Friend [Top Of The Pops, Broadcast On 4th September 1980]
9. Bonus DVD Feature "Alright Now", Broadcast on 12th December 1980
Film from a live performance at Top Rank Suite, Birmingham
Hands Off...She s Mine
Format: 2 CD + DVD in digipak
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
'I Just Can't Stop It', premier LP de The Beat, est sorti en mai 1980. Pas ou peu de titres faibles. Au fil du temps, 6 titres au moins ont été "Face A" ou "AA" d'un single. Composés par presque tous les 6 musiciens du groupe, des titres tels que 'Mirror In The Bathroom', 'Hands Off... She's Mine' et 'Twist & Crawl' gardent aujourd'hui toute leur pertinence et leur originalité. Le 1er CD contient les 12 plages de l'excellent album original dans ses 36 minutes et quelques. Comme ce fut le premier LP enregistré en digital au Royaume-Uni, le son était déjà très bon sur le vinyl original. Cette réédition le restitue parfaitement.
Le 2è CD fournit le tout 1er single, non repris sur l'album, avec les excellents 'Tears Of A Clown' / 'Ranking Full Stop'. La version 12'' du superbe single double face A 'Hands Off... She's Mine' / 'Twist & Crawl' est également incluse ainsi qu'une version dub d'époque de 'Stand Down Margaret'. Jusque là tout mérite *****. Le CD propose ensuite deux sessions enregistrées pour la BBC, mais avant la sortie de l'album. Hélas, notamment pour sa "Peel Session", le groupe n'est pas encore tout à fait en place et ces enregistrements conservent un aspect plus historique que totalement indispensable.Lire la suite ›
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
So why only 4 stars you may be asking yourself. Tears of a Clown, which is one of the the most amazing covers ever recorded, has been omitted from this reissue. SACRILEGE! Those responsible should hang their heads in shame.
Ok, enough of that. Both are masterpieces in their own right, but "I Just Can't Stop It" takes the cake, IMHO. And I've been listening to ska for quite a few decades now...and just came from seeing the Beat (as they're known in England; unfortunately an American band named the Beat had them precursor their name with thier country of origin...) for the 2nd time in 6 months. They played over 2.5 hours straight through, and are at the top of the list of energetic bands I've ever seen. And live, they are much different than they are on record -- both are brilliant, in their own special way. My favorite song off the CD, "Twist & Crawl," which is more new wave/mod meets ska, became an insane dub-fueled monster live.
If you are a fan of music, especially one of the 3rd wave of ska (e.g. Sublime, No Doubt, to name the most famous...and who blended punk rock with ska) and want to know some of the origins of the music, even though Sublime covers Toot's "54-46 Was My Number" and never covers any of the 2nd generation (even looking through my prodigious Sublime bootleg collection), this album is for you. And for those wondering what ska is, this is for you...it is a masterpiece. It's better than any ska anthology you'll find IMHO.
I would argue that English Beat was NOT the best ska band ever, only because they didn't really limit themselves to it. Too much is going on in these melodies. And if you were lucky enough to see them live, their improvisations were extremely complex. This is not to imply that ska is "simple", but it is a singular, distinct sound. English Beat had way too many sounds.