Knitting Double: Mastering the Two-Color Technique with Over 30 Reversible Projects (Anglais) Relié – 15 mai 2014
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
En savoir plus sur l'auteur
Dans ce livre(En savoir plus)
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
1. Polka Dot Reversible Scarf
2. Polka Dot Hat (Knitted Sideways)
3. Hair Scrunchie
4. Short - row heel and toe socks
5. Well crossed scarf (Two color)
6. Hand Warmers
7. Hat (Star pattern)
8. Scarf (Star pattern)
9. Mittens (Star pattern)
10. Gloves - Geometric pattern
11. Inca style socks (with heel flap)
12. Graceful Lily scarf
13. Flower Power mittens (From from cover)
14. Flower Power socks (Short Row heel)
16. Felted Cat Bed
17. Felted bowl with a dog design
18. Cell phone case with stripes
19. Checkerboard holder for pencils or dpn's
20. Sweet Dreams baby blanket
21. Striped boxes to hold small items
22. Place mat with a design of a chili pepper
23. Place mat with a design of cherries
24. Place mat with a design of Lemons
25. Hot pad with geometric design
26. Hot pad with design of cactus
27. Six sided Potholder with flower design
28. 12 ounce Can wrap - to keep drinks cool
29. Hot pad with Chinese Character
30. Oven mitt with Chinese Character
31. Christmas Decorations - flat, 2 inch by 2 inch - various designs
Extensive charts are included for all the patterns to explain the two color knitting for all the designs. Of the 80 pages in the book, there are 8 - 9 pages of pictures and descriptions on the techniques used to Double - Knit. If you are new to double knitting, I am not sure that there is enough information included to give you a strong basis to get started. That is just my personal preference. Double knitting can seem cumbersome initially. I felt as if I had two thumbs, because you always need to pay attention to two sources of yarn - since you are Knitting both sides of the fabric at once.
I have taken a class on Portuguese Knitting from Andrea Wong. I found her method of double knitting to be much less cumbersome than the methods presented in the book. (She has a book published, and has DVDs available. It is a completely different method of knitting separate from English or Continental style).
I would not recommend this book for a brand new beginner. While the knitting is not difficult, I would advise getting a few projects under your belt before you delve into this. Pictures are clear and full. The patterns are well represented in the pictures, so it gives you a good idea of what the finished product will look like. Almost all of the suggested yarns are Schachenmayr brand, which I am not familiar with. Aside from the felted items, most items are knit on size 0,1,2 or 3 (US Size needles).
If you are interested in double knitting, this is a good book to get started with.