Lateral Thinking: Creativity Step by Step (Anglais) Broché – 24 février 2015
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Revue de presse
Présentation de l'éditeur
The first practical explanation of how creativity works, this results-oriented bestseller trains listeners to move beyond a "vertical" mode of thought to tap the potential of lateral thinking.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
En savoir plus sur l'auteur
Dans ce livre(En savoir plus)
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
De Bone has given some interesting ideas that should be looked closely and practised by everyone, like the ones given below.
1. Look at the problem from a different angle (try reversing the problem)
2. Don't stop when one solution is found and keep looking for better ones for some more time
3. Try rearranging and jumping forward in solution seeking process even if the intermediate steps sounds illogical
4. Try to delay judgment so as to let new ideas grow
Place two irrelevant things in the mind for some time and analyze it, this might create an opportunity to look at the problem differently
5. Don't challenge an idea to find if it is right or wrong but look if it can add any insight at a different angle
6. Remove No and replace it with a new word (here he suggests using PO) that would challenge the statement and generate new ideas rather than rejecting an irrelevant one
7. Remove the cliché patterns my removing or looking deep into the labels
Looks more of a teacher's manual rather than a thought provoking book, might be of interest if you are planning to get new idea to teach your kid.
My conclusion is that this is a great book for non-'Creative' types (not to mean that they're not creative, just that they're not in a 'Creative' field such as the arts) such as scientists and engineers, who are looking to round out their thought process, or young adults in jr. high or high school who are exploring the nature of creativity.
It is intriguing to hear someone dissect the creative process in a cold, calculating, scientific sort of way, and de Bono does this job quite well without coming off as too fatuous (a common fate in that endeavor it seems).
Ultimately though, the creative thinking de Bono discusses is a very specific and fairly limited type, namely problem-solving. It's telling that almost all of the examples & figures he gives are geometric puzzle-solving. This would be a great book to read right before you take a IQ or SAT test.
The more expensive book does illustrate a more evolved form of de Bono's theories, and they are applied in more situations (including many that are relevant to the world today). But my advice is to by this book or the Thinking Course -- both are excellent primers on de Bono's excellent ideas.
as one can even after one has found a promising one."
Human mind is during the school education instructed how to think vertically. Meaning, how to evaluate alternatives, how to pick the right one and how to proceed from premises to conclusions. However, it is only seldomly instructed how to create alternatives, how to generate ideas - and that's were this book is helpful. Kind regards, Mario.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Boutiques > Chercher au Coeur! > Livres en anglais
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Business & Investing
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Psychology & Counseling > Creativity & Genius
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Self-Help > Creativity
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > ESP