0 internautes sur 2 ont trouvé ce commentaire utile
D. Subbaram Naidu
- Publié sur Amazon.com
van Dongen, Marc, LaTeX and FRIENDS, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2012, ISBN 978-3-642-23816-1
Reviewed by D. Subbaram Naidu, Idaho State University (formerly Book Review Editor: IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control; Wiley International Journals of Robust and Nonlinear Control and Optimal Control: Applications and Methods and Elsevier International Journal Mechatronics: The Science of Intelligent Machines).
This reviewer has been using LaTeX software almost since it’s inception in mid 80’s using Lamport book , although it was somewhat intimidating at the beginning, and became a great admirer of LaTeX. LaTeX is now a academia-wide standard for all conferences, journals, and books submissions and productions. The present book is composed of several parts covering introduction to LaTeX; basic typesetting; tables, diagrams, and data plots; mathematics and algorithms; automation; and miscellaneous topics. The present book brings in a fresh flavor by “avoiding the use of what is known in the LaTeX community as “verbatim” commands and environments, except when it comes to including, well, verbatim program listings”. The present book is a welcome addition to the previous set of excellent books [1-6].
1) Groossens, Michel, Mittlebach, Frank, and Samarian, Alexander, The LaTEX Companion, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1994.
2) Knuth, Donald, E, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1994
3) Lamport, Leslie, LaTEX, A Document Preparation System: User’s Guide and Reference Manual, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1985.
4) Lamport, Leslie, LaTEX, A Document Preparation System: User’s Guide and Reference Manual, Updated for LaTEX, 2e, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1994
5) Mittlebach, Frank, and Groossens, Michel, The LaTEX Companion, Second Edition, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 2004.
6) Price, Thomas, E., and Carnes, Lance, LaTEX Quick Start: A First Guide to Document Preparation, Personal TeX, Inc., 2009. [...]