Présentation de l'éditeur
Learn how to protect your data in your VMware vSphere infrastructure with Veeam® Backup & Replication
About This Book
- Explore Veeam Backup and Replication v7 infrastructure and its components
- Create backup, replication, and restore strategies that protect data, your company's most valuable asset
- Includes advanced features like off-site replication and tape retention
Who This Book Is For
If you are a VMware vSphere administrator who is looking to protect your infrastructure by utilizing the world's leading modern data protection solution, specifically designed for virtual environments. A good understanding of VMware vSphere architecture is recommended, but prior knowledge of Veeam® Backup & Replication is not required.
What You Will Learn
- Install and manage a Veeam® Backup & Replication v7 infrastructure
- Discover how to back up and restore data in virtual environments
- Learn how agentless backups work, and how they help protect mission critical data
- Utilize WAN acceleration to speed up backup to remote locations
- Master the "3-2-1" rule for storing backups
- Learn how to use single-item restores to speed up the recovery process
- Understand what options are available for Veeam® Backup & Replication, and how to configure these options
Veeam® Backup & Replication for VMware is a backup and replication solution that provides data protection for virtualized VMware vSphere environments. This powerful and easy-to-use solution helps administrators rest assured that their data is protected, while at the same time retaining the flexibility that virtualization provides.
"Learning Veeam® Backup & Replication for VMware vSphere" starts with an introduction to Veeam® Backup & Replication, describing the prerequisites, requirements, and deployment steps needed to get the required infrastructure in place. It provides a description of its features and capabilities as well as useful tips on doing day-to-day administrative tasks. This book is a practical and hands-on guide to installing, configuring, and managing a backup infrastructure.
Biographie de l'auteur
Christian Mohn is a VMware vExpert, an IT industry veteran, and a blogger with more than 16 years of realworld experience. Christian currently works as a virtualization architect for Norway's largest IT company EVRY, where he designs and implements virtualization solutions for enterprise clients as well as serves as the Tech Champion for server virtualization. Prior to joining EVRY, he was the Infrastructure Manager for a large Norwegian shipping company, where he introduced virtualization throughout the organization. He is also one of the hosts of the vSoup Virtualization Podcast and is well known for his contributions to the virtualization community through his virtualization blog vNinja.net. Christian lives in Bergen, Norway, with his wife and two kids. He was one of the technical reviewers of VMware vSphere 5.1 Cookbook, Abhilash GB, Packt Publishing, and wrote the foreword for Building EndUser Computing Solutions with VMware View, Mike Laverick and Barry Coombs, Lulu. In addition to this, he has written whitepapers and held several technical webinars for Veeam®.