Présentation de l'éditeur
To maximize the performance of your Liferay Portals you need to acquire best practices. By the end of this tutorial youll understand making the most appropriate architectural decisions, fine-tuning, load testing, and much more.
- Learn best practices for architecting high performing Liferay- based solutions
- Practices for configuring a load balancer and cluster of Liferay portal
- Find outKnow how to perform load testing and performance tuning activity for Liferay- based solutions
Liferay portal is thea leading horizontal portal product available oin the market. It wais named lLeader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portals. Because of the flexibility offered by Liferay Portal for customizations, it is becoming a preferredbest choice for portal implementations. Many influential sites have been implemented with or have switched to the Liferay portal. More and more Liferay developers and, architects are needed in the IT industry.
Liferay Portal Performance Best Practices will guide you inon how to build high performing Liferay -based solutions. The book guides you ion how to define the architecture of Liferay- based solutions to meet performance expectations. You will learn how to fine- tune the Liferay portal using configuration changes or applying the right caching strategy. By the time you finish this book, you will realize that you know all the essential best practices to improve the performance of the Liferay portal solution.
The book comprises of Liferay portal performance best practices related to various aspects. It starts with the architecture and design best practices and ends with performance tuning and lLoad testing best practices.
The book follows athe logical flow. In the first chapter it talks about various architectural options and best practices. It also talks about the consequences of various architectural options. It talks aboutcovers how to configure the Liferay portal to work in a clustered environment. It discusses the various options available in a cluster configuration. The book further talks about various configuration options of different components that are available for improving performance. The book also talks about various development best practices. It concludes with best practices related to load testing and a performance tuning exercise.
Liferay Portal Performance Best Practices explains performance best practices with real examples and samples. By the end of this book, the reader will have learned everything s/he/she needs to know about Liferay portal performance best practices.
What you will learn from this book
- Make right architectural decisions to meet performance requirement
- Implement software load balancer using Apache Web Server
- Configure Liferay portal cCluster
- Configure Cache Replication using different options
- Improve performance by apache web server configurations
- Tomcat server configuration best practices to improve performance
- Tune Liferay portal using various configurations settings
- EHCache based cache configurations
- Terracotta based cache implementation
- Learn portal development best practices
- Perform lLoad testing and performance tuning exercise for Liferay- based solutions
A step-by-step tutorial on implementing Liferay- based portals to learn performance best practices
Biographie de l'auteur
Samir Bhatt is an Enterprise Architect with over 12 years of IT experience. He has been working on Liferay-Portal-based solutions for the last four years. He has co-authored a book, Liferay Beginner's Guide by Packt Publishing. He is also a Liferay certified trainer and has delivered public and private training across the world. Samir leads an architectural group at CIGNEX Datamatics. He extensively worked on performance tuning of Liferay-Portal-based solutions. Apart from Liferay Portal, Samir has also worked on many other technologies and frameworks including Hadoop, MongoDB, Pentaho BI, Oracle, Java Swing, ICEfaces, ZK, Spring, Hibernate, and Visual Basic.
Samir is also a very good speaker and has delivered various webinars on Liferay, Pentaho BI, and MongoDB. He blogs at www.connect-sam.com.