Effectively perform effi cient and organized social engineering tests and penetration testing using Kali Linux
- Learn about various attacks and tips and tricks to avoid them
- Get a grip on efficient ways to perform penetration testing.
- Use advanced techniques to bypass security controls and remain hidden while performing social engineering testing
Kali Linux has a specific toolkit that incorporates numerous social-engineering attacks all into one simplified interface. The main purpose of SET (social engineering toolkit) is to automate and improve on many of the social engineering attacks currently out there.
This book is based on current advanced social engineering attacks using SET that help you learn how security can be breached and thus avoid it. You will attain a very unique ability to perform a security audit based on social engineering attacks.
Starting with ways of performing the social engineering attacks using Kali, this book covers a detailed description on various website attack vectors and client side attacks that can be performed through SET. This book contains some of the most advanced techniques that are currently being utilized by hackers to get inside secured networks. This book covers phishing (credential harvester attack), web jacking attack method, spear phishing attack vector, Metasploit browser exploit method, Mass mailer attack and more.
By the end of this book you will be able to test the security of any organization based on social engineering attacks.
What you will learn from this book
- Clone websites to gain a victim's passwords and security information
- Undertake credential harvester attacks through spear-phishing and web jacking
- Perform client-side attacks through SET
- Get hands on with practical advice on eliciting identity details
- Counteract these techniques if they are being used against you
This book is a practical, hands-on guide to learning and performing SET attacks with multiple examples.
Who this book is written for
Kali Linux Social Engineering is for penetration testers who want to use BackTrack in order to test for social engineering vulnerabilities or for those who wish to master the art of social engineering attacks.