Présentation de l'éditeur
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Bhutan is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Visit Tiger's Nest, Bhutan's most famous monastery, marvel at the dance routines of the tsechu festival, or trek through the mountainous regions of Bhutan; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Bhutan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's BhutanTravel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including religion, customs, history, art, architecture, literature, dance, music, landscapes, wildlife and politics
- Over 35 maps
- Useful features - including Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Booking Your Trip, and Planning Your Trek
- Coverage of Thimpu, Paro, Haa, Dagana, Punakha, Gasa, Trashi Yangtse, Wangdue Phodrang, Chhukha, Trongsa, Jakar, Mongar, Lhuentse, Trashigang, Gom Kora, Samdrup Jongkhar, Gelephu, Bumthang, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Lindsay Brown and Bradley Mayhew.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - The New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)
Biographie de l'auteur
Bradley se ha sentido atraído por las zonas fronterizas de China desde que viajó a Kashgar y Lhasa hace 20 años, cuando estudiaba chino en la Universidad de Oxford. Escribió las primeras ediciones de las guías Southwest China y Shanghái de Lonely Planet, y es el autor coordinador de las guías Tíbet, Bhutan, Central Asia y Nepal. Ha protagonizado una serie documental de cinco capítulos de Arte/SWR TV que recorre la ruta de Marco Polo desde Venecia hasta la capital del Kublai Kan en Xanadu, en Mongolia Interior, pasando por Irán y Afganistán.