Quatrième de couverture
The Definitive XPages Development Guide--Straight from the XPages Team at IBM Lotus
XPages is the most significant improvement to Lotus Notes/Domino development in 20 years. Now, three IBM Lotus insiders have written the definitive programmer’s guide to this breakthrough web application development framework. Packed with tips, tricks, and best practices, Mastering XPages brings together all the information you need to become an XPages expert, whether you’re experienced with Notes/Domino development or not.
The authors begin with a high-level overview of XPages: how it works, why it works that way, and why it’s such a powerful step forward. Next, you’ll install XPages and Domino Designer, and start building your expertise through practical code examples using real-world XPages applications. As you progress, you’ll master XPages from the bottom up, gain deep insight into the entire XPages development model, and discover how XPages can be used to solve everyday application development challenges.
• Understanding how XPages development differs from--and is similar to--traditional Notes/Domino development
• Getting started with XPages development using Lotus Domino Designer
• Defining application metadata and binding XPages controls to Domino data
• Managing all aspects of Domino view and document data
• Navigating and linking XPages to form a cohesive application
• Building XPages business logic using various programming technologies
• Reading and writing XPage source (XSP markup) directly
• Mastering XPages programming and extensibility features, including custom controls, advanced scripting, as well as creating your very own components
• Making the most of XPages applications on the Notes client platform
• Building slick and effective application user experiences using themes
• Tuning XPages performance and maximizing application scalability
• Securing applications with Access Control Lists (ACL), Execution Control Lists (ECL), and Active Content Filtering (ACF)
Biographie de l'auteur
The authors of this book have a number of things in common. All three hail from Ireland, work for the IBM Ireland software lab, and have made significant contributions to the development of XPages over the past number of years.
Martin Donnelly is a software architect and tech lead for the XPages runtime team in IBM Ireland and has worked on all three XPages releases from Notes/Domino 8.5 through 8.5.2. Prior to this, Martin also worked on XFaces for Lotus Component Designer and on JSF tooling for Rational Application Developer. In the 1990s while living and working in Massachusetts, he was a lead developer on Domino Designer. Now once again based in Ireland, Martin lives in Cork with his wife Aileen, daughters Alison, Aisling, and Maeve, and retired greyhounds Evie and Chelsea. Outside of work, he confesses to playing soccer on a weekly basis and salmon angling during the summer when the opportunity presents itself.
Mark Wallace is a software architect working in the IBM Ireland software lab. In the past, he worked on the XSP runtime, which was developed for Lotus Component Designer and subsequently evolved into the XPages runtime. He has a keen interest in programming models and improving developer productivity. Mark has worked in Lotus and IBM for more than 15 years on various products and is currently working on Sametime Unified Telephony. Mark lives in Dublin with his wife and two children and spends as much time as possible in the Ireland’s sunny south east enjoying fishing and kayaking with his family.
Tony McGuckin is a senior software engineer in the IBM Ireland software lab. Having studied software engineering at the University of Ulster, he began his career with IBM in 2006 working in software product development on the component designer runtime before moving into the XPages core runtime team. When not directly contributing to the core runtime, Tony is busy with software research and development for the next generation of application development tooling, and also engaging directly with IBM customers as an XPages consultant. Tony enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, and getting out into the great outdoors for hill walking and the occasional chance to do some hunting in the surrounding hillsides of his native County Derry.