- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
- Publiez votre livre sur Kindle Direct Publishing en format papier ou numérique : C'est simple et gratuit et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs. En savoir plus ici .
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
(Merriam-Webster's Rhyming Dictionary) BY (Merriam-Webster) on 2007 (Anglais) Broché – 1 juin 2007
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Descriptions du produit
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
En savoir plus sur l'auteur
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Strengths -- easily used under Kindle platform, terse, usually is clear in distinguishing parts of speech, and it can be used as the default dictionary.
1. Definitions are not necessarily any more complete than those from the New Oxford American Dictionary(already built-in on Kindle). Several that I used tonight were less so.
2. Definitions for one part of speech are often dependent on another definition listed for another part of speech (a weakness of many dictionaries that is annoying for more complex or unfamiliar words)
----Simple example: the word anger is both a noun and a verb, Thus they define the verb form as "to make angry".
3. Thesaurus component is okay and gives additional ideas for the verb "anger". However antonyms are very limited if the purpose is to use this as a writing resource. Very few choices.
----For example: antonyms for anger (verb) were delight, gratify and please. But other common options are missing such as calm, sooth, pacify. One would have to keep browsing and unless you set this as the default, you keep ending up in another dictionary when trying to do that.
4. Word Origins are sometimes given, mostly abbreviated and with less detail than in Kindle's Default Dictionary.
I have not compared word counts. Sheer mass of definitions is a misleading index of quality.
Believe it or not, there is no way to go directly to the word you are interested in; or even directly to the beginning of the section containing its starting letter !
The synonyms easily stand out in small little gray boxes right in the same listing as the definition. They seem to give just about the right number of synonyms so it won't overwhelm my kids. (It is not the The Synonym Finder.) It even has a concise guide to grammar in the back. This thing is perfect for my 5th and 6th graders. Five stars for that purpose.
I ordered this one as a replacement and I am totally disappointed in its amazing
lack of content. This Webester'Merriam-Webster's Collegiate
Dictionary, 11th Edition thumb-notched with Win/Mac CD-ROM and Online
Subscriptions dictionary is missing an alphabet table for Greek, Arabic, and
English for example, and it is missing an currency table for countries around
the world. Also it is missing countries and states with capitals and population
information. Also it is missing famous people and pictures. Finally the size
is much larger then I expected.
This is complete junk and is useless as a reference book. It would be quicker to drive to the store and by a paper bound dictionary to look the word up then it would be to use this dictionary.
I am going to be contacting the seller and asking for my money back, I will never use this dictionary.