Présentation de l'éditeur
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for administering SQL Server 2008. Zero in on core support and maintenance tasks using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the focused information you need to solve problems and get the job done—whether at your desk or in the field!
Get fast facts to:
- Plan, deploy, and configure SQL Server 2008
- Administer server and surface security, access, and network configuration
- Import, export, transform, and replicate data
- Use SQL Server Management Studio for core administrative tasks
- Manipulate schemas, tables, indexes, and views
- Automate maintenance and implement policy-based management
- Monitor server activity and tune performance
- Manage log shipping and database mirroring
- Perform backups and recovery
Biographie de l'auteur
William R. Stanek is a Microsoft MVP with 20+ years of experience in systems management and advanced programming. He is an award-winning author who’s written more than 100 books, including Windows Server 2012 Pocket Consultant and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Pocket Consultant.