A complete handbook on FIM 2010 R2 covering both Identity and Certificate Management
- A comprehensive handbook that takes you through how to implement and manage FIM 2010 R2
- Includes how to implement a complete FIM 2010 R2 infrastructure
- Covers codeless identity management using FIM 2010 R2
Microsoft's Forefront Identity Manager simplifies enterprise identity management for end users by automating admin tasks and integrating the infrastructure of an enterprise with strong authentication systems.
The "Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 Handbook" is an in-depth guide to Identity Management. You will learn how to manage users and groups and implement self-service parts. This book also covers basic Certificate Management and troubleshooting.
Throughout the book we will follow a fictional case study. You will see how to implement IM and also set up Smart Card logon for strong administrative accounts within Active Directory. You will learn to implement all the features of FIM 2010 R2. You will see how to install a complete FIM 2010 R2 infrastructure including both test and production environment. You will be introduced to Self-Service management of both users and groups. FIM Reports to audit the identity management lifecycle are also discussed in detail.
With the "Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 Handbook" you will be able implement and manage FIM 2010 R2 almost effortlessly.
What you will learn from this book
- Prerequisites for installing FIM 2010 R2
- How to install and scale the solution
- Implementation of User Management including Self-Service
- Implementation of Group Management including Self-Service
- Configuration of the Self-Service Password Reset feature
- Getting Reports from FIM
- Issuing Smart Cards using FIM Certificate Management
- Troubleshooting FIM 2010 R2
Throughout the book, we will follow a fictional company, the case study will help you in implementing FIM 2010 R2. All the examples in the book will relate to this fictive company and you will be taken from design, to installation, to configuration of FIM 2010 R2.
Who this book is written for
If you are implementing and managing FIM 2010 R2 in your business, then this book is for you. You will need to have a basic understanding of Microsoft based infrastructure using Active Directory. If you are new to Forefront Identity Management, the case-study approach of this book will help you to understand the concepts and implement them.