Présentation de l'éditeur
Depend on SHP's comprehensive and best-selling core texts to enrich your understanding of A Level History.
SHP Advanced History Core Texts are the Schools History Project's acclaimed books for A level History.
- clear and penetrating narrative - comprehensively explaining the content required for examination success
- thought provoking and relevant activities that explore the content and help students think analytically about the subject
- thorough exam preparation through carefully designed tasks that address the distinctive requirements of A Level history including guidance in essay writing and source-based investigations.
- a wide range of revision strategies including structured content summaries
Additional features include:
- A focus route pathway for independent learners
- Learning Trouble Spots - which address common misunderstandings
- diagrammatic summaries of key areas of content and historical issues
- accessible summaries of recent historical debates.
- active learning approaches, including decision-making exercises
This title is a comprehensive core text from the Schools History Project covering the history of the USA from the end of the Civil War in 1865 to 1990.
Major themes include:
- Civil Rights: tracing the story of the black population from emancipation through to the 1960s.
- Foreign policy: examining the reasons for and the results of the USA's transition from isolationism to worldwide involvement in many arenas.
- Industrial growth and change: investigating the USA's development as an economic superpower and the problems and opportunities this has created.
Biographie de l'auteur
Joanne de Pennington formerly taught at Trinity and All Saints College, Leeds, home of the Schools History Project.
Series Editor: Ian Dawson is Publications Director of the Schools History Project.