Présentation de l'éditeur
The Essential Resource for Oracle DBAs--Fully Updated and Expanded
Manage a flexible, highly available Oracle database with help from the expert information contained in this exclusive Oracle Press guide. Fully revised to cover every new feature and utility, Oracle Database 11g DBA Handbook shows how to perform a new installation, upgrade from previous versions, configure hardware and software for maximum efficiency, and employ bulletproof security. You will learn to automate the backup and recovery process, provide transparent failover capability, audit and tune performance, and distribute your enterprise databases with Oracle Net.
- Plan and deploy permanent, temporary, and bigfile tablespaces
- Optimize disk allocation, CPU usage, I/O throughput, and SQL queries
- Develop powerful database management applications
- Guard against human errors using Oracle Flashback and Oracle Automatic Undo Management
- Diagnose and tune system performance using Oracle Automatic Workload Repository and SQL Tuning Sets
- Implement robust security using authentication, authorization, fine-grained auditing, and fine-grained access control
- Maintain high availability using Oracle Real Application Clusters and Oracle Active Data Guard
- Respond more efficiently to failure scenarios by leveraging the Oracle Automatic Diagnostic Repository and the Oracle Repair Advisor
- Back up and restore tables, tablespaces, and databases with Oracle Recovery Manager and Oracle Data Pump Export and Import
- Work with networked databases, data warehouses, and VLDBs
- Put the latest Oracle Database 11g tools to work--Oracle Total Recall, Oracle Flashback Data Archive, and more
Biographie de l'auteur
Bob Bryla has more than 20 years of MIS experience as a database designer, systems analyst, and DBA. He currently handles the DBA activities on Lands' End's Oracle Internet databases. Bob is the coauthor, with Kevin Loney, of the previous edition of this book.
Kevin Loney is a veteran Oracle consultant, developer, and DBA. He is a regular presenter at Oracle User Group conferences and is the bestselling author of several Oracle Press titles.