Présentation de l'éditeur
Master the Cutting-Edge Features of Oracle Database 12c
Maintain a scalable, highly available enterprise platform and reduce complexity by leveraging the powerful new tools and cloud enhancements of Oracle Database 12c. This authoritative Oracle Press guide offers complete coverage of installation, configuration, tuning, and administration. Find out how to build and populate Oracle databases, perform effective queries, design applications, and secure your enterprise data. Oracle Database 12c: The Complete Reference also contains a comprehensive appendix covering commands, keywords, features, and functions.
- Set up Oracle Database 12c or upgrade from an earlier version
- Design Oracle databases and plan for application implementation
- Construct SQL and SQL*Plus statements and execute powerful queries
- Secure data with roles, privileges, virtualization, and encryption
- Move data with SQL*Loader and Oracle Data Pump
- Restore databases using flashback and the Oracle Database Automatic Undo Management feature
- Build and deploy PL/SQL triggers, procedures, and packages
- Work with Oracle pluggable and container databases
- Develop database applications using Java, JDBC, and XML
- Optimize performance with Oracle Real Application Clusters
Biographie de l'auteur
Bob Bryla has more than 20 years of experience in MIS, ranging from database and data warehouse design to system administration on multiple hardware platforms. He is currently lead designer and data analyst for Land’s End's online store database and handles the DBA activities on Land’s End Oracle Internet databases.
Kevin Loney was named Consultant of the Year by Oracle Magazine in 2002. He is an internationally recognized expert in the design, development, and administration and tuning of Oracle databases. An Oracle developer and database administrator since 1987, Loney has designed and implemented both transactional processing systems and data warehouses.