Présentation de l'éditeur
Master Oracle Recovery Master
Protect your databases from hardware, software, and operator failures using the detailed information in this Oracle Press guide. Oracle RMAN 11g Backup and Recovery explains how to configure databases, generate accurate archives, and carry out system restores. Work from the command line or Oracle Enterprise Manager, automate the backup process, perform Oracle Flashback recoveries, and integrate cloud computing technology. This authoritative resource also shows you how to create reports, optimize performance, and implement third-party administration utilities.
- Set up, configure, and maintain Oracle Recovery Manager (Oracle RMAN)
- Manage physical and virtual media with Oracle Secure Backup
- Work with Oracle RMAN catalogs, packages, and control files
- Use the Amazon Web Services cloud as an offsite storage solution
- Create online, offline, and incremental system backups
- Perform full and partial Oracle RMAN database restores
- Correct user-induced errors with Oracle Flashback
- Product clone and standby databases on local or remote servers
- Use Oracle Real Application Clusters and synch and split technology
For a complete list of Oracle Press titles, visit www.OraclePressBooks.com
Biographie de l'auteur
Matthew Hart works in Emerging Technologies and Platform at Avaya Global Services. Previously, he was principal support engineer at Oracle Corporation. He is the coauthor of several Oracle Press titles.
Robert G. Freeman is a principal DBA and Team Manager at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is the author of several books, including Oracle Database 11g New Features.