Papilio 8.5 x 21
Named for the Latin word for butterfly, PENTAX Papilio binoculars are the perfect choice for insect and bird observation in the field or in museums and galleries. Papilio offers a minimum focusing distance of approximately 1.6 feet and incorporates new design technology that automatically compensates for the misalignment of right and left image fields at close ranges. Featuring fully multi-coated optical elements, high-refraction BaK4 glass prisms, a long 15 millimeter eye relief, and protective rubber housing, Papilio is a great choice for spectator sports, hiking and travel as well.
- No other binoculars like them on the market!
- Ideally suited for viewing insects, birds, artwork and any other object at close ranges
- C.L.O.S.E. (Convergent Lens Optical System Engineering) allows them to focus down to 1.6 ft.
- Tough rubber covered exterior provides a sure grip and protects the internal mechanisms
- Sleek, contemporary ultra-compact body with unibody construction
- Revolutionary dual-axis, single body housing with synchronized eye-piece adjustment to assure correct optical alignment for comfortable viewing
- Fast and easy center focusing for handling ease
- Helicoid eyepiece rings for extra viewing comfort
- Fully multi-coated optics to eliminate harmful ultraviolet rays while improving light transmission for high contrast images with no glare or flare
- High quality BaK4 prisms transmit more light at the edges to enhance illumination for easier viewing in dim light