A Photographic Guide to Birds of Southern Brazil (Anglais) Broché – 29 août 2008
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Biographie de l'auteur
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
En savoir plus sur l'auteur
Dans ce livre(En savoir plus)
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
As another in this series of compact photo guides, this book provides a sampling of 246 birds, which is about 15% of Brazil's 1,650+ birds. The scope of this book covers only the southern half of Brazil. A selection of birds from a variety of habitats is offered, as well as from many different families.
Most of the birds are shown with a single photo, which is predominantly of the male. A few of the birds have the female portrayed. Setting aside the smaller size of the photos - needed for a compact guide - at least 90-95% of the photos do a good job of showing the bird. The other 5%+ of the photos could be upgraded. These show the bird in the shadows, partially obscured by foliage, or in lighting that is too dim or too bright.
A single paragraph for each bird is written in a style that focuses more on talking about the bird in general (e.g., ...involves fanning out the wings and flashing eye-like markings that make it look more like a giant moth than a bird). The intent of the paragraph seems to be to introduce the casual birder to each bird. This information is brief with comments on habitat, behavior, or other natural history tidbits. If any descriptions of the bird are offered (not all species are described), the information is very minimal.
This book is best used as a cursory introduction to some Brazilian birds, which will probably be most appreciated by the casual birder. The limited photos, small amount of text, and the tiny fraction of Brazilian birds covered will prevent this book from being of much value in the field. It's best used as a practice tool for recognizing some birds - and, for merely enjoying photos of a country you may want to visit.
I've listed several related books below...
1) All the Birds of Brazil by Deodato Souza
2) Aves Do Brasil = Birds of Brazil: An Artistic View by Sigrist
3) Guia de Campo Aves do Brasil Oriental by Sigrist (ISBN 9788560120024)
4) Guia de Campo: Aves Da Amazonia Brasileira by Sigrist (ISBN 9788560120048)
5) Aves Brasileiras by Frisch
6) Aves da Grande Belem by Novaes
7) Birds in Brazil by Sick
8) Ornitologia Brasileira Volumes 1&2 by Sick
9) Guia de Campo: Aves da Grande São Paulo by Devely
10) Aves do Estado de Sao Paulo by Willis and Oniki
(written by Soleglad at Avian Review or Avian Books, November 2008)