Présentation de l'éditeur
In today′s tight job market, competition for programming jobs is hotter than ever. This third edition of a popular guide to programming interviews includes new code examples, information on the latest languages, new chapters on sorting and design patterns, tips on using LinkedIn, and a downloadable app to help prepare applicants for the interview. Like its earlier editions, this guide covers what software companies and IT departments want their programmers to know and includes plenty of helpful hints to boost your confidence.
- Looks at current job search and hiring processes, such as the rise of LinkedIn and other social networks as recruiting resources
- Addresses the most important languages for a programmer to know and features examples in multiple languages
- Includes new programming questions designed to sharpen your knowledge
- Features all–new chapters on design patterns and sorting, including how to deal with memory constraints and mobility issues
Walk into your next job interview with confidence, knowing you have thoroughly studied this newest edition of Programming Interviews Exposed.
Quatrième de couverture
Get the job you want by gaining the interview skills you need
Landing a great programming job isn′t a matter of luck; it′s a matter of being prepared for the unique challenges of the technical job search. Programming interviews require a different set of skills than day–to–day programming, so even expert programmers often struggle if they don′t know what to expect. This thoroughly revised and expanded third edition teaches you the skills you need to apply your programming expertise to the types of problems most frequently encountered in interviews at top tech companies today. Step–by–step solutions to an extensive set of sample interview questions simulate the interview experience to hone the skills you′ve learned. After you′ve worked through this book, you′ll approach your interviews with confidence, knowing you can solve any problem that stands between you and the job you really want.
Programming Interviews Exposed:
- Leads you through the job search process, including the most effective techniques for employing LinkedIn and other social networks
- Teaches you the techniques you need to solve any interview problem
- Illustrates the full thought process of application of these techniques to real interview problems with step–by–step solutions
- Solves each problem with code in C, C++, C# or Java, with emphasis on object–oriented solutions
- Includes new chapters on sorting and design patterns and new questions on 64–bit computing and secure programming practices
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Get the Companion App
Visit piexposed.com/app and download the companion app, which offers helpful tips and reminders for success in your programming interviews.
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.