Présentation de l'éditeur
This must–have guide to using Microsoft Project 2010 is written from a real project manager′s perspective and is packed with information you can use on the job. The book explores using Project 2010 during phases of project management, reveals best practices, and walks you through project flow from planning through tracking to closure. This valuable book follows the processes defined in the PMBOK Guide, Fourth Edition, and also provides exam prep for Microsoft′s MCTS: Project 2010 certification.
- Explains Microsoft Project 2010, the leading software tool for project managers
- Shows working project managers practical ways to use Project 2010 on the job
- Delves into project planning, tracking, reporting, and project closure, and explores best practices for all phases of planning
- Reveals new software features, including tools that show what factors are affecting the schedule, a "what–if" scenario builder, and how slippages affect other aspects of the project
- Follows processes and procedures from The Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Fourth Edition
- Covers the skill set required for the MCTS: Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects certification, so you can use this book for exam prep
This valuable book follows the processes defined in the PMBOK Guide, Fourth Edition, and also provides exam prep for Microsoft′s MCTS: Project 2010, Managing Projects certification.
Note: CD–ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Quatrième de couverture
Take Your Career to the Next Level with This Practical Reference
Here′s the information you need to not only prepare for the Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects exam (Exam 77–178), but also to excel in your job as a project manager. Following the processes and procedures outlined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fourth Edition, this practical reference explores the tasks and scenarios you′ll face as a project manager using Project 2010 and shows you step by step how to handle them.
Understand how Project 2010 can help you achieve your strategic goals
Set up your Project 2010 environment, master key tools, and get started
Learn planning essentials how to figure the tasks and time required, assign resources, and estimate costs
Establish baseline performance, then track and update your project′s status
Report your progress by crunching data and presenting it a number of ways
See what you need to change, and take corrective action
Covers the exam objectives for:
MOS: Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects (Exam 77–178)
FEATURED ON THE CD
See video walk–throughs for some of the more challenging tasks you′ll face on the job.
The author provides sample Project files to use with the labs presented in the book.
WHAT′S NEW IN PROJECT 2010
Watch a special video highlighting the new features of Project 2010.