This 250-page handbook is designed to be used by victims and potential victims of relationship violence, as well as the support people in their lives. Support staff at organizations serving people at risk of, and those who have suffered from, relationship and domestic violence, can use this book as a tool to foster the integration of Kidpower's "People Safety"
skills into their everyday work. This book can also be used directly with teens and adults affected by, or at increased risk of experiencing, domestic or dating violence. Cartoon-illustrated social stories and explanations provide an entertaining way to explain different concepts and skills. Concepts and skills include:
- Assessing what is safe and unsafe behavior in a relationship
- Setting effective boundaries
- Controlling emotional triggers
- Taking the power out of verbal attack
- Leaving a potentially dangerous situation as safely as possible
- Verbal self-defense tactics
- Getting help effectively
- And lesson plans for how to teach these skills to others.
To learn more about Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International's workshops, consultation, and other educational resources, visit www.kidpower.org
All income from books sales helps our nonprofit organization create and provide extensive free and affordable educational resources.