Présentation de l'éditeur
If you are an absolute beginner or simply looking for a solid foundation to your language studies for school, work or travel, this engaging course will help get you on your way to speaking, writing, reading and understanding Swedish in no time.
Through an engaging story line, clear language presentations, and extensive practice and review, you will pick up the Swedish you need to communicate naturally in everyday situations - from shopping and travelling to food and daily life.
Engaging with our interactive Discovery Method, you'll absorb language rules faster, remember what you learn easily, and put your Swedish into use with confidence.
Get Started in Beginner's Swedish has a learner-centered approach that incorporates the following features:
- Outcomes-based approach - focus your learning with clear goals
- Discovery method -- figure out rules and patterns for yourself to aid in understanding and language recall
- 10 easy-to navigate units + review units - be in control of your learning.
- Self-check and Test Yourself - see and assess your own progress
- Personalization - use the language in real situations
Biographie de l'auteur
Vera Croghan started teaching Swedish at Aberdeen University straight after her second degree from Lund University, Sweden. After her marriage, she moved to Edinburgh where she gave private lessons and translated and interpreted for the Swedish Consul and businesses. She began teaching at the University of East Anglia when it opened in 1963 and taught there for 30 years.
Professor Ivo Holmqvist has taught Scandinavian literature at the universities of Lund, Odense, Ghent and Auckland.