- what to wear when you shop and why
- the difference between a $395 and a $1,000 suit (and how to make sure you're getting your money's worth)
- what two words to look for on a costly dress shirt's label
- why the folds in a cummerbund should always be worn facing upward
- how to recognize sports clothes capable of providing stylish longevity
Turn to the author's 200 favorite men's stores spanning seventeen cities in eight countries' both celebrated designer flagships and tiny shops known only to a privileged few and discover:
- the little-known New York store that sells shoes that offer instant "cachet"
- where the fashion set goes for the best T-shirt
In Style and the Man, Alan Flusser has created the perfect traveling companion for those men wishing to expand their sartorial knowledge as well as their wardrobe.