Présentation de l'éditeur
NEED FRESH MATERIAL FOR CLASS MONOLOGUES AND AUDITIONS?
Of course, the problem is not finding a Shakespearean speech - there are thousands of them. It is finding one that is right for YOU.
This volume in the series, "Shakespeare Monologues for Your "Type," contains TEN SONNETS that are dramatic, sensorially evocative, and emotional.
Gender and age neutral, they can be added to the repertoire of any actor to provide contrast and depth to pieces gleaned from other books in this series or other sources.
For each selection you will find:
- the complete sonnet, newly edited for this booklet by Shakespearean scholar and director Kurt Daw;
- extensive notes on the scansion that tell exactly how to pronounce any tricky or archaic words in the monologue;
- a full introduction to the poem explaining the context of the sonnet;
- and suggestions for performing it.
In addition, this booklet contains:
- an extensive list of resources including links to great (free) websites,
- lists of the best reference books
- and multi-media sources,
- and a free special offer.