Présentation de l'éditeur
- Written by the inventor of the language, the book is the defining, classic text on the language that has become central to software development over the past five years. This third edition incorporates additions and changes on a major scale. In particular, the new edition is based on the ANSI/ISO C++ final draft with its many new language features - templates, exceptions, namespaces, and run-time type identification, to name a few - in addition to the C++ Standard Template Library that has revolutionized C++ development.
- Throughout, the book does far more than merely describe every element of the language. The focus is on showing how the language is used as a tool for design and programming, and teaching the basic concepts programmers need to master C++. With this third edition, Stroustrup has made the book even more accessible to those new to the language while adding information and techniques that even expert C++ programmers will find invaluable.
Quatrième de couverture
NOTE: Customers of this book, Errata for page 833 is now available in pdf form and can be downloaded from this page.
This is a complete rewrite of the most widely read and most trusted book on C++. Based on the ANSI/ISO C++ final draft, this book covers the C++ language, its standard library, and key design techniques as an integrated whole.
The C++ Programming Language provides comprehensive coverage of C++ language features and standard library components. For example:
- abstract classes as interfaces
- class hierarchies for object-oriented programming
- templates as the basis for type-safe generic software
- exceptions for regular error handling
- namespaces for modularity in large-scale software
- run-time type identification for loosely coupled systems
- the C subset of C++ for C compatibility and system-level work
- standard containers and algorithms
- standard strings, I/O streams, and numerics
With this third edition, Stroustrup makes C++ even more accessible to those new to the language while adding information and techniques that even expert C++ programmers will find invaluable.