Présentation de l'éditeur
The Routledge Atlas of American History presents a series of 163 clear and detailed maps, accompanied by informative captions, facts and figures. The complete history of America is unravelled through vivid representations of all the significant landmarks, including:
- Politics – from the struggle against slavery and the battle for black voting rights to the present day, including the results of the 2008 Presidential election
- Military Events – from the War of Independence to the conflicts in Korea, Vietnam and the Gulf, including additional new maps covering the war in Iraq and the American campaign in Afghanistan.
- Social History – including the fate of the American Indians, the growth of female emancipation, and recent population movements and immigration
- Transport – from nineteenth-century railroads and canals to the growth of air travel and recent ventures into space
- Economics – from early farming and industry to urbanisation and the ecological struggles of the present day
This revised edition is fully updated to cover the 2008 presidential election, and also addresses President Obama’s healthcare policy and first overseas travels. New maps have been drawn which detail the problem of pollution, as well as the most recent developments in US relations with Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan.