The Skills of a Blacksmith: v.1: Mastering the Fundamentals of Blacksmithing Relié – 24 mars 2007
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
He begins with safety and then moves into the fundamental tools - anvil and anvil stand, vice stand, hammer styles - and how to use them properly. He emphasizes the importance of square-octagon-round tapering. Throughout he uses humor and interesting examples which stick with you through the learning process.
Following the above introduction he moves into tools and how to craft them - various chisels, punches and drifts. Several of these are specialized tools that are to be used for the later projects in the book. At the end of the tool section he discusses the basics of heat treatment.
The latter two-thirds of the book are all projects from Wizard Bottle Opener to various tongs and a simple knife blank. Some of the projects are more tools, including scrolling tongs and some bottom tools and a few more tongs.
I'm very happy with this purchase so far. The book is abundantly illustrated with black & white photographs as well as a few drawings and graphs. After purchasing the book, I was lucky enough to attend a conference at which Mr. Aspery was giving a demonstration. His teaching ability there was as well-balanced as withing his writing. He is able to educate both novice and advanced blacksmiths simultaneously without making novices feel that they are being talked over while giving more advanced students additional insight into skills they already have.
Topics include how to hold and use the hammer, including how to modify the handle so you stop getting blisters.
Tool making includes chisels, punches, scrolling wrench, drifts, hardy tools, and lots of different tongs.
Projects include a wizard bottle opener, wizard hook, forge welding, spatula, ladle, fork, spoon, and knife.
The author sells this on his website for $63. So Google him and order it directly.
--- And for the collector of books on blacksmithing, this book is a must-have. I look forward to the publishing of his third book in this series.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Decorative Arts
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Arts & Photography > Schools, Periods & Styles > Modern
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies > Metal Work
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies > Woodworking
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Livres en langues étrangères
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Science > Agricultural Sciences