Venture Capital and Private Equity Contracting: An International Perspective (Anglais) Relié – 1 septembre 2013
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Other books present corporate finance approaches to the venture capital and private equity industry, but many key decisions require an understanding of the ways that law and economics work together. This revised and updated 2e offers broad perspectives and principles not found in other course books, enabling readers to deduce the economic implications of specific contract terms. This approach avoids the common pitfalls of implying that contractual terms apply equally to firms in any industry anywhere in the world.
In the 2e, datasets from over 40 countries are used to analyze and consider limited partnership contracts, compensation agreements, and differences in the structure of limited partnership venture capital funds, corporate venture capital funds, and government venture capital funds. There is also an in-depth study of contracts between different types of venture capital funds and entrepreneurial firms, including security design, and detailed cash flow, control and veto rights. The implications of such contracts for value-added effort and for performance are examined with reference to data from an international perspective. With seven new or completely revised chapters covering a range of topics from Fund Size and Diseconomies of Scale to Fundraising and Regulation, this new edition will be essential for financial and legal students and researchers considering international venture capital and private equity.
- An analysis of the structure and governance features of venture capital contracts
- In-depth study of contracts between different types of venture capital funds and entrepreneurial firms
- Presents international datasets from over 40 countries around the world
- Additional references on a companion website
- Contains sample contracts, including limited partnership agreements, term sheets, shareholder agreements, and subscription agreements
Biographie de l'auteur
Sofia Johan, LL.B (Liverpool), LL.M. in International Economic Law (Warwick), Ph.D. in Law and Economics (Tilburg), is the AFM Senior Research Fellow at the Tilburg Law and Economics Centre (TILEC) in The Netherlands and Adjunct Professor of Law and Finance at the Schulich School of Business, York University. Her research is primarily focused on law and finance, market surveillance, hedge funds, venture capital, private equity and IPOs. Her work has been presented at the American Law and Economics Association, the American Economics Association, European Law and Economics Association, the European Financial Management Association, and other leading international conferences. Her recent publications have appeared in numerous journals including the Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of International Business Studies, American Law and Economics Review, International Review of Law and Economics, Journal of Banking and Finance, European Financial Management, European Economic Review, and Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, among numerous other journals. She is the coauthor of Venture Capital and Private Equity Contracting: An International Perspective (Elsevier Science Academic Press, 2009, 770pp) and Hedge Fund Structure, Regulation and Performance around the World (Oxford University Press, 2013, 300pp). . Prior to her Ph.D., she was the head legal counsel at the largest government owned venture capital fund in Malaysia. She has also consulted for a variety of governmental and private organizations in Australasia and Europe. http://ssrn.com/author=370203
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre adresse e-mail ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
En savoir plus sur les auteursDécouvrez des livres, informez-vous sur les écrivains, lisez des blogs d'auteurs et bien plus encore.
Dans ce livre(En savoir plus)
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Business & Investing > Economics > International
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Banks & Banking
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Business & Investing > Investing
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Business & Investing > Skills > Math for Business
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Nonfiction > Social Sciences