Présentation de l'éditeur
Windows 8.1 coverage that goes above and beyond all competitors?
Serving as an evolutionary update to Windows 8, Windows 8.1 provides critical changes to parts of Windows 8, such as greater customization of the interface and boot operations, return of a ′start button′ that reveals apps, greater integration between the two interfaces, and updates to apps. Weighing in at nearly 1000 pages, Windows 8.1 Bible provides deeper Windows insight than any other book on the market. It′s valuable for both professionals needing a guide to the nooks and crannies of Windows and regular users wanting a wide breadth of information.
- Shows you how to get started and discusses security and updates, personalizing Windows 8.1, and going beyond the basic desktop
- Highlights ways to manage your content and install and remove programs
- Discusses printing, faxing, and scanning; enjoying and sharing pictures, movies, and music; and performance tuning
Windows 8.1 Bible leaves no stone unturned when examining this important Windows update.
Quatrième de couverture
The definitive guide to Windows 8.1
Created for professional Windows users and Windows enthusiasts alike, this deep reference guide goes above and beyond any other reference guide available on the world s most popular operating system. With nearly 1,000 pages of detailed content, this book covers a wide range of subjects, including getting started with Windows 8.1, security considerations, system updates, personalizing the OS, managing content and media, program installs/uninstalls, hardware and performance tuning, and network sharing. This is the only Windows book you ll need in your reference library.
- Get started with Windows 8.1 with in–depth analysis of new features
- Tour the new functionality, including touchscreen integration
- Harness the power of the latest OS innovations from Microsoft
- Get the scoop on the return of the Start button and other changes directly from Microsoft insiders
- Increase your productivity with Windows 8 apps
- Leverage greater customization of the interface and boot operations
- Create and manage documents, pictures, music, movies, and more
teach you the skills you need to succeed with today s leading–edge technologies:
- Mobile app development
- Database management
- Computer graphics
- Web design
- Operating systems
- And more
Learn the latest tools and techniques, master best practices, and take your abilities to new levels.